Well, you could say testing day did not go exactly as planned. A beautiful Sunday morning soon turned into a wave of frustration for the ARVP team. We started out planning to meet at 10:00am to get all of our supplies together and help move AquaUrsa to the pool by 11:00am but nothing really goes according to plan, does it? Unfortunately, there were some minor, unforeseen events with programming the depth and touch sensors on AquaUrsa that morning. An hour and a half later, we finally got to the pool, ready to put AquaUrsa into the water, when we realized that we were missing some wires. 15 minutes later, we got the right wires and were ready to go! The three things that definitely wanted to be tested were the new LED lights we put on AquaUrsa, the touch and depth sensors, and the horizontal and vertical motors. An interesting thing about the LED lights on AquaUrsa is that they turn blue when the sensors are connected, red when the sensors are disconnected inside, and green when the kill switch is activated and the programming is running.
So, with this in mind, we fixed up a few lose connectors on the horizontal motor, sealed everything up, and finally put her into the water.
Throughout the testing we learned many things:
1) The LED lights work! Yay!
2) The touch sensor works, but doesn't sense the touch as strong as we would like it to.
3) The depth sensors did not work at all, so we definitely need to work on that as soon as possible.
4) The horizontal motors worked perfectly fine, but there was something wrong with the vertical motor that we need to check out.
Anyways, even though we did not have as much pool time as we would have liked, we now know what needs to be done to improve AquaUrsa for the next pool test.