ARVP will be, once again, participating in AUVSI’s RoboSub competition, this time introducing our new platform, SubmURSA. The competition is held at the Naval Research Base in San Diego, CA from July 17-22. The competition follows a series of different themes each year, this year’s being “Ides of TRANSDEC” Various tasks pertaining to the theme are given to the AUV for completion. This year, the tasks (as described in the Official Rules and Mission) are as follows:
- Lane – The AUV is to follow an orange coloured line to reach the various tasks
- Traffic Light – The AUV is to strike two of three differently coloured buoys (red, green & yellow) in a given order
- Parking – The AUV must pass though an U-shaped green PVC pipe box
- Speed Trap – The AUV is to drop markers into their respective bins
- Toll Booth – The AUV must fire two torpedos (one red and one blue) through two different sized circles. The Large circle is a body shot and the smaller circle is a head shot.
- Driving- The AUV must rotate a steering wheel, and movie PVC pipe to a different position
- Drive-Thru- The AUV has to go to the bottom of the floor and pick up a blazing orange pizza box (PVC Ring), and then surface with it, for additional points it must return box to the store.